Evolving Schools Regional Workshop Model
Community Science Lab Development
An Evolving Schools Regional Workshop Model on Community Science Lab Development
How can students and teachers work to develop and sustain valued relationships with individuals, communities, and organizations, locally and around the world?
How can student-driven community science projects feed into the continual development of our school profile?
Workshop Design Principles
The workshop design principles within Evolving Schools Regional Workshop Models help provide a coordinated focus for developing locally adapted and innovated variants on the theme. These principles are themselves evolving on the basis of collaborative insights from those who work on the topic.
If you are interested in developing a regionally adapted workshop on the theme of Community Science Lab Development, contact our Evolving Schools researcher below:
Workshops on the topic of Community Science Lab Development should engage participants in the following processes:
- Learning about the value and pathways for developing participatory school profiles (PSP)
- Exploring local resources for developing a PSP for our school
- Exploring and developing local strategies for engaging stakeholders in improving our school’s PSP
- Identifying possible next steps, including:
- Development of more targeted community science investigations
- Sharing of findings with school stakeholders and leadership