A reading text about cooperative foraging in the animal kingdom and in our early ancestors
Video – Can chimpanzees coordinate their activities
In this short video, we observe how chimpanzees seem to be unable to spontaneously coordinate their activities to get food – something that humans find very easy.
- Teaching material type Video
- Subject Areas Biology, Human Evolution
- Suitable Grade Levels 3-5, 6-8, 9-12
- Concepts Cooperation, Social cognition
- Content Anchors Cross-species
Related Lesson Materials
In a series of experiments, anthropologists wanted to find out whether chimpanzees and bonobos work together and share a common source of food. Results tell us something about the role of social tolerance in cooperative foraging.