The Inspiration Journey project combines fascinating and sometime controversial scientific minds with powerful visuals and sounds to highlight unique perspectives on the project of science in society.
The videos below represent a selection of Inspiration Journey videos relevant to understanding human behavior, science, and society. Each conveys the perspectives of one or two well-known or historically important scientists, however, not all scienists share the same views, even, or perhaps especially, on BIG questions about our world. Developing a scientific understanding of the human condition is difficult, take all perspectives critically, these videos are only one starting point for your continued thinking.
As you watch the videos below, reflect on questions such as:
- What do you know about who these scientists are?
- What is their key message in the video?
- What questions do you have about their perspective?
- Overall, do you agree or disagree with their view of science, society, and the world? Why or why not?
- Do you think other students should watch these videos? Why or why not?
Alice Roberts & Michael Tomasello
The Nature of Science
Science & Human Values
Neuroscientist and Philosopher