Community Science Field Guide to School Culture
Schools are central social environments for young people to grow and develop themselves. How schools are governed, and which norms, values, and institutions get adopted, can all drive major life trajectories for how students think about their own learning and civic capacities and about the world they live in. This community science field guide provides supports for students around the world to investigate and strengthen the cooperation dynamics of their own school governance systems.
- Teaching material type Reading text, Research Method
- Subject Areas Civics, Interdisciplinary, School Improvement, Social-Emotional Learning
- Learning Goals Community Science Competency, Cooperation Competency, Future Thinking, Interdisciplinary Thinking
- Suitable Grade Levels 6-8, 9-12, Undergraduate
- Concepts Cooperation
- Content Anchors Child development, Common-Pool Resource management, Cooperation Games, Cultural diversity, Our Mind, Sustainable Development Goals